Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Step 1, you need:
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs chopped green chilies (I run them through the food processor)
1/3 cup pork (rice size pieces)
Step 2, you need:
1 14 oz. can chicken broth
1 14 oz. can beef broth
2 tsp distilled white vinegar
Step 3, you need:
1/8 tsp. paprika
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
Step 4, you need:
1 cup flour (more if you’d like it thicker)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté pork with garlic and green chilies for about 5 minutes.
2. Pour in chicken broth, beef broth, and vinegar.
3. Whisk in cayenne pepper, garlic powder, sugar, salt, ground black pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Bring to a simmer.
4. Whisk in flour. Make sure consistency is smooth. Continue to stir bringing it to a boil for 1 minute. Stir the entire time.
5. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes and whisk gently before serving.
~Adapted from the cookbook Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur