I’m making every effort to cut back on carbs whenever possible. I found these mini-egg muffins easy to make a head of time. Each morning, I just pop a couple in the microwave for about 45 seconds and add some fresh fruit on the side.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 cups Kroger Break-Free Real Egg Product or about 6 large eggs
8 pieces ham
10-15 fresh spinach leaves with the stem removed; chopped finely
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2-3 finely chopped roasted red pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 tbsp of tabasco (optional)
pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put eggs in large bowl add in Tabasco and pepper and scramble with fork
3. Add in other ingredients (except cheese) and stir until mixed evenly
4. Pour into mini-muffin tin till each cup is almost full
5. Place shredded cheese on top of each cup
6. Cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. I always test with a toothpick. If the inside isn’t quite done, but the top is getting too brown, I place a piece of foil loosely over top to prevent cheese from burning.
7. Let cool for a few minutes. (Rounded dome tops may ‘deflate’ some in the cooling process.)