The recipe for THE Best Peanut Butter Cookies is so amazing. Peanut Butter cookies are probably my most favorite cookies in a close tie with Chocolate Chip. If you like peanut butter cookies, you’ve got to try this recipe.
Servings: 24 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter (you can use crunchy if you prefer)
3/4 cup sugar + more for rolling cookies
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray your cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
4. In another bowl, beat together with hand mixer the butter and peanut butter until it’s smooth.
5. Add in sugars. Then, add in egg, milk, and vanilla.
6. Add in flour mixture slowly, allowing flour to combine with sticky ingredients.
7. Roll balls of dough about the size of pingpong balls.
8. On a plate have some extra white sugar, so you can roll each ball though. Coat with sugar nicely. Then, place on cookie sheet. When you put on the cookie sheet press each ball gently to flatten out just a bit, so the cookie will spread out more evenly.
9. Cookies should cook for about 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven when they’re cooked through. Make sure to remove cookies from cookie sheet to ensure the bottom of the copies don’t continue to cook and get too brown.
~Adapted from Alaska From Scratch