I did this recipe quite awhile ago and just never got around to posting it…
My biscotti didn’t have the nice crunch that I thought it was supposed to have. Turns out I left off step 7, so that’s why I called it Wanna-Be! I’m going to try out a different kind soon, so we’ll see how it turns out next time.
Servings: 24 pieces
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. white sugar, granulated
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. lemon zest
6 oz. semisweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Sift flower, baking soda, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Mix in eggs. I just used a fork to mix it all in.
3. Zest and pecans can now be mixed in gently.
4. Pour mixture on to wax paper on a cookie sheet.
5. Cook for 25 minutes.
6. Allow dough to cool and cut into long slices about an inch thick.
7. Layout biscotti on wax paper and bake for 20 more minutes, flip half way through.
8. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
9. When the biscotti is done baking, let it cool.
10. Dip them into the chocolate and allow chocolate to harden.
~Adapted from Eat Boutique