Servings: 36 bars
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 cups unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely (30 minutes).
5. In 2-quart saucepan, heat caramels and 2 tablespoons water over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Stir in peanuts.
6. Spread evenly over filling. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until caramel layer is firm.
7. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted. Spread evenly over caramel layer.
8. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.
~Adapted from Betty Crocker